Happy New Year!!
I am excited about 2015. I am excited about what life has to offer us this year. I have some exciting news to share. I am working with a great design agency to launch my new brand which will incorporate this lovehomefromhome blog. I have just approved the colours for the brand and its logo. I LOVE it and i am so excited to share this with you. This will mean i will bring a home for all my passions into one single place – my business consultancy, my interior design and my blog. Hope to launch this at the end of this month. Hope to share more with you in the next coming weeks.
I have been busy with that and my interior design which has made it very difficult to update all my blogs from last year. I promise in the next coming weeks, i will do that.
Meanwhile, as part of my preparation for 2015, i have been cleansing or in stricter terms ‘sage smudging’ my home. It was a wonderful ritual. I have been in my home for over 7 years and often i wonder, ‘lots of obstacles in my life and in this home, what’s going on?’. Speaking to a neighbour, the previous owner was a lovely lady but she was slightly mad and a bit of a hoarder. She was admitted to a mental home after leaving the house i am in and so, for 2015, for my sanity and for my home, i decided to cleanse it.
The art of sage smudging as defined in www.sageandsmudge.com ‘ is based on a combination of the spiritual, medicinal, herbal and cultural teachings of the past…. [The] smudge ceremony is performed to correct the energy in a home, in an office, in an object, or even in a person. This is accomplished by burning sage or sage and a combination of herbs, in a focused, intentional way to cleanse out negative energy and to replenish positive, healing energy.’ There are significant times that this ritual should be done but for me, it was more for new beginnings, new year and taking on a new lease of life. I would recommend it to anyone who may have had a challenging year in 2014 and want to refresh or reset their lives.
Some simple steps i took were:
1) Buy a sage stick from a local crystal healing shop. I went to Mysteries in Covent Garden London.
2) Prepare your home/ room by opening the windows so that negative energies can leave your home.
3) Light the sage stick and as the flame extinguishes or if you blow it out allow the embers to start to smoke. Wave the stick around the walls of the room(s) and its smoke wil drift around the room. I called out my intention as i did this ‘ i am cleansing this home of impurities, removing all negative energies and anything that does not serve the people living in this home!’
4) As you say this the smoke dissapates and floats out the window – imagine it taking the negative energies with the smoke and leave your home. Imagine you home left with positive and fresh energy.
5) After you have blessed every room, you can take a sage shower yourself. Cup your hands over the smoke and take the smoke across your face and wave the stick over your body as if you were showering. This will wash away all your negative energies too.
6) Once complete, extinguish the sage stick in a cup of water and drain the water away. Your blessing ritual is now complete!
Now looking forward to an exciting and positive 2015 ahead.
Happy New Year to all my readers.